Friday, October 14, 2011

Leftover Roast Beef Hash

I made hash for dinner the other night with our leftover standing rib roast.  It took me back to when I was a kid...for years Monday night dinner was a fast hot dog meal because my mom was totally involved in the PTA and meetings were Mondays.  As time went on and my folks were making a little more money, Sunday dinner went from roast chicken to standing beef rib roast and the leftovers went to roast beef hash....My pic of the hash was terrible, but this is the tomato I served with it...called a pineapple tomato, it was sweet, juicy and delicious! Serve the hash with a fried egg on top if you like..

1/4 cup olive oil
4 cups diced roast beef (1/2 inch dice) either leftover or from the deli
4 cups 1/2 inch diced potatoes (par boiled for about 5 minutes)
1 cup sliced green onions
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1/4 to 1/2 cup beef broth
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large saute pan start sauteing the beef in the olive oil.  After a couple of minutes add the potatoes, onions and mushrooms and cook until the potatoes finish cooking, stirring it all up now and again. When all is cooked add some of the beef broth to bring it all together.  Season generously with salt and pepper.(we like pepper!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment