Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Be Sneaky with Your Kids (and Yourself!)




I made spaghetti with red sauce last night for dinner and added a finely grated small zucchini to the pot of sauce.  I hadn't done this in a while, but it got me thinking about how I'd sneak vegetables and other healthy things into my kids' diet when they were young.  There all all kinds of things you can do...finely grated carrots, zucchini, cauliflower, pureed roasted red pepper...just start with a little at a time.  Trust me, the kids won't notice if you start gradually. Start making your spaghetti sauce with half ground turkey/half ground beef to start.  Eventually you and the kids will like the ground turkey just as well as the beef.  If they pick out the green pepper in the spaghetti sauce, puree the peppers (and chunks of onion also).  You know they love the flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment