Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pan Roasted Clams



I LOVE clams...any which way - in chowder, in pasta and on their own.  My local Asian market has a small fish counter where sometimes I can find pretty fresh fish, head on shrimp, fresh squid, etc.  The other day they had little neck clams for 25 cents each (a bargain around here).  I picked out a dozen and a half, brought them home, soaked them in cold water, salt and a little corn meal for about and hour and then laid them in an open roaster in one layer. I dotted them with butter and sprinkled them with black and crushed red pepper, and then I roasted them in a preheated 425F oven until they opened.  Pour them in a bowl with all the juices that accumulate, stir in a little fresh parsley and grab a chunk of good bread to dip in those wonderful juices!  Heaven!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment