Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Sauteed Bok Choy








My New Years resolution is to eat lower carb (not necessarily Atkins lower carb) and to do this I have to take sugar, bread, potatoes , pasta and rice almost completely out of the diet, although I do plan to treat myself now and then.  A couple of nights ago we picked up a rotisserie chicken from Costco, I made Tom a small serving of mashed potatoes and our vegetable was sauteed baby bok choy.  I know that you mainly see this vegetable in Asian cooking but I like to put an Italian spin on it.  It's quick and easy and I feel I'm doing "good" for myself when I have this!

Makes 2 healthy servings

5 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves minced garlic
8 baby bok choy heads or shanghai bok choy heads, chopped
A little water
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1/2 a lemon

Heat the oil in a large saute pan and add the garlic.  Saute for about 30 seconds and add the chopped bok choy. Stir fry until it starts to wilt adding a little water to the pan so as not to burn the garlic. Once the water is added, you may want to put a cover on the pan to facilitate the wilting.  Once wilted, season generously with salt and pepper and squeeze the lemon juice in.  Stir and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment