Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Absolutely Must Have Marinade




I love lemon and garlic and use both to flavor meats of all sorts.....pork kebabs, lamb chops and even roast chicken.  Tonight I'm brushing this one on sliced eggplant, zucchini and red onions before grilling.  It's really versatile and extremely easy to make.  I use dried herbs because I always have them, summer or winter, and one never knows when a chicken needs marinating before going into the oven.  Use this to marinate a whole fish briefly before grilling and give the lamb and pork a little more time.

Makes about one cup

3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp sweet Hungarian paprika

Place all ingredients in the bowl of a mini food processor and process until the garlic dissipates and everything is blended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment