Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pickled Peppers


Last week I bought a bag of mini sweet peppers because they looked so pretty...I love pickled anything and so decided to pickle some of these.  I wanted something quick and easy.  I found a couple of recipes on the internet and developed this easy refrigerated version:

1  14 -15 ounce glass jar with a lid, washed and sterilized
Mini peppers cut crosswise in one inch chunks, enough to fit tightly into the jar, leaving a little head room(sorry, I lost count)
1 cup rice vinegar
1 cup water
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp granulated garlic
1 Tbl salt
1 Tbl sugar


Bring the vinegar, water, red pepper, garlic, salt and sugar to a boil.  Pour into the pepper stuffed glass jar, leaving just a little space on top. Secure the lid tightly and give the jar a couple of shakes ( this helps with the seal).  Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate.  They're ready to eat the next day.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment