Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A No Knead Bread for Those of Us Who are Challenged

I'm sure you've realized by now that I don't bake much,  but I really want to.  I think part of it is that I don't have the patience to turn out a great loaf of bread...so many loaves take time and I'm the type that wants now!  I have the Chuck Muer House Bread down, thanks to my food processor, but I still keep searching for good, easy to make bread.  I think I may have found one!  This one is a no knead bread that you mix up in the morning, let sit all day,fold it up a bit, let it rest another hour and then bake.  The dough is loose and shaggy and looks like it won't amount to anything, but the results are remarkable.  The recipe calls for a first rise of 6 to 8 hours but I let mine go 9 and I think it could go even longer.  You could mix this up in the evening(it takes about 3 minutes) and let it proof all night and then bake in the morning.  The result is a very crusty loaf with all those great nooks and crannies inside.  Find the recipe here:

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-noknead-bread-home-109343 

No comments:

Post a Comment