Monday, October 25, 2010

Great bread

For years we have been eating at Chuck Muer Restaurants ( Charley's Crab,
Big Fish, River Crab, etc.).  And for years we've been able to walk in to the Big Fish and order the wonderful bread for carryout.  You could get it baked or ready to bake and it was quite reasonably priced. I was dismayed to see the Big Fish shut down while driving by a couple of weeks ago and then learning that Charley's Crab had closed too.  Well, I did a search and found that wonderful House Bread on Bob and Rob Allison's website. Now, I'm not a bread maker, but this was pretty easy and the "blessing" that it's topped with before baking is out of this world. The bread itself is a bit chewy, much like pizza dough, and the topping a bit garlicky.  I didn't have poppy seeds but I don't think it mattered.

You can find the recipe here:
http://www.askyourneighbor.com/recipes/699.htm 

 Note:  I made a half recipe of the blessing and still had some left.  I think it would be great as a baste for grilled chicken or shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment