Monday, October 18, 2010

Update: Basil, Taco Salad Dip, and Chicken

I had some thoughts on three of my past posts regarding options when preparing the recipes or the techniques involved and thought I'd share:

In my Basil post of October 10 I neglected to mention that you can freeze the basil leaves in ice cube trays and just add water over them.  I do this with fresh mint.  Endless possibilities if you need a little bit of a fresh herb but have to buy a bunch.

On October 9 I posted the Taco salad dip made with ground turkey or beef.  When I took it to Brayden's party I realized that a few of the guests were non meat eaters.  Next time I will omit the meat, add an extra can or two of beans , and maybe a little less water to the base mixture.

I also forgot to mention in my October 13 post on fried and baked chicken that I use this method to make party wings well in advance.  I coat and brown the wings and then wrap them well and freeze them until needed.  I then bake them at 350F for about 30 minutes until hot and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment