Monday, December 20, 2010

Candy?

Pam told me about these chocolate-caramel covered pretzels that are easy to make and taste so much like "turtles".  And Jamie stopped by and told me she's had them before and requested that I make some without pecans. Her favorite is cashews, so I decided to sprinkle some of them with chopped cashews.  These are soooo good!!

Mini pretzels ( I used Rold Gold Butter Checkers)
Rolo Candy
Pecan halves
Chopped cashews

On a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet place the pretzels, topping each one with a Rolo. Bake in a pre-heated 300F oven for 5 to 6 minutes until the candy just begins to soften.  Remove from the oven and set a pecan half on each, pressing down a bit so the candy covers the pretzel. If using cashews, press the candy with the back of a teaspoon and then sprinkle the cashews on top.
Cool and store in a cool place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment