Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Mashed Potato Casserole

For Christmas this year I wanted to do a lot of the cooking ahead of time so I could enjoy the day.  I also wanted to save some oven space.  I found this recipe on line....you may have made variations of this .....and I only made slight changes.
I used 8 pounds of potatoes instead of 5, but didn't increase the amounts of the other ingredients.  I did stir in about 3/4 cup of half and half during the last 30 minutes of the crockpot time. My mashed potato loving grandkids loved it so much they asked to take some home...and did!


You can find the recipe here:
http://busycooks.about.com/od/sidedishrecipes/r/cpmashedpotatoe.htm

2 comments:

  1. So glad you tried these!! I also found that recipe but was afraid to try it if I didn't do it once before hand.......But, I know it will turn out fine now. Thanks for doing it first ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It did turn out well...and with that food mill Jessa gave me for Christmas...it was a breeze!

    ReplyDelete