Saturday, January 1, 2011

Prosciutto and Belgian Endive

My Dad used to make this appetizer whenever he  had a dinner party and would also bring them to our house now and then...I think he roasted the peppers...I only wanted to make a few for Tom and I so I just sauteed them.

If you'd like to roast them, see my post here:
http://inpatskitchen.blogspot.com/search/label/peppers 
It's the second post after this one
 



2 Tbl olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin strips (you should get about 30)
1/2 tsp each, salt and pepper
4 -5 thin slices prosciutto, cut into quarters
1 head of Belgian endive
A little olive oil for drizzling

In a saute pan, cook the peppers and garlic in the olive oil until the peppers soften. It should take about 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat. Season with the salt and pepper. Cool
Peel the head of the endive to get about 10 to 12 spears
Wrap about 3 strips of the pepper in a piece of prosciutto and place on the endive spear.  Chill and drizzle with a little olive oil before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment