Monday, January 3, 2011

Steak, Prosciutto and Provolone

New Year's Eve is always a quiet night for us, but I do make something a little special for dinner.  This year I did a recipe that I hadn't made in years. We had this tenderloin steak that's topped with prosciutto and provolone, and then sauced with mushrooms and Marsala. You can find the original recipe here:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Steak-with-Ham-Provone-and-Mushroom-Sauce-103440 

I did make a few slight changes though:  My tenderloins were about 1 1/2 inches thick, so I increased the cooking time and I used shitake mushrooms for the sauce and probably almost a cup of  Marsala.  Served with mashed potatoes and a spinach salad, it was truly a spectacular meal...not to mention the wonderful bottle of Merlot my cousin Anne had given us for a special occasion!

1 comment:

  1. We remember this dinner well and fondly! It was fantastic. I still have the recipe but forgot about it. I will defintely be making it again - SOON! Lynn

    ReplyDelete