Saturday, November 20, 2010

Another burger


Whenever we go to the Big Boy for a burger I almost always order the Swiss Miss
which is simply a burger with tarter sauce, lettuce and melted swiss cheese....but on a rye bun! Try to find a rye bun in the metro Detroit area ...next to impossible !  Anyway, the day that I made the Chuck Muer House Bread in my old, inexpensive food processor...the motor burned out.  So with a gift certificate and my own cash I purchased a decent Cuisinart processor...I love it!  And I found a recipe for rye burger buns. I would direct you to the site but when I tested it the page couldn't be found. Its from the Serious Eats website and called Light Rye Buns. When I do a Google search for "rye burger buns" it pops up first or second.
I made the buns and they were GOOD but chewier than the Big Boy's.


I did make my own tarter sauce.  Here's my recipe:


3/4 cup mayo
2 Tbl re-hydrated dried minced onion
1 tsp dillweed
3 Tbl dill relish
2 tsp chopped capers
1 Tbl caper juice
Stir all together and refrigerate for a while before serving.


Melt a slice of swiss on your cooked burger, place on bun,add as much shredded lettuce and tarter sauce as you want, and enjoy!


Feel free to use a regular bun if you can't find rye buns or don't want to bake your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment