Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pizza and Salad

Our favorite pizza carry out is from The Alibi Restaurant in Troy, Mi, which also serves great fish and chips, pasta, an Italian sub which is out of this world, and good antipasto and Greek salads.Last night we wanted pizza and salad but I couldn't justify buying the salad when I had all the makings sitting in the fridge.  The only ingredient missing was the wonderful Greek salad dressing that the Alibi serves with either salad. They won't sell the dressing without a salad purchase, and as much as I've tried, they won't give out the recipe. So I made the antipasto salad by mixing romaine lettuce, ham, salami, shredded mozzarella, red onion, and pepperocini. ( The Alibi adds tomato, but I substituted thinly sliced red onion).  As for the dressing, I had some purchased dressing from Olga's Restaurant.  Papa Vino's Restaurant will sell you their dressing which is quite good, also. And another great option is the Good Seasons Zesty Italian which you shake up yourself....... and the pizza was wonderful!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhh, how we miss the Alibi!! Remember when it was a little "leaning" shack?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived in Rochester from '87-'93 and we loved the greek salad dressing from Alibi; best we've ever had. Live in Chicago now and we still crave the stuff! I too remember when it was just a little "crap-shack" before my friend Frank Rewold built the new building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! I guess I'm "lucky" to live down the road from the Alibi!!

      Delete